Monday, February 22, 2010

About This Blog

Throughout my 30 years on this earth (well, mainly the last three or four years), I’ve put an increasing emphasis on attaining balance in my life. Sounds so great, doesn’t it? Attaining balance. I’ve heard tons of friends and colleagues utter this little phrase as they gaze into the horizon, dreaming of some day when they’ll have that perfect life where everything falls into place: time is infinite, money is plentiful, and family life is perfect. Well, I have to admit that I’ve fallen for the glitz and glamour that appealing little phrase elicits, too. In fact, I’m in hook, line and sinker. I’ve come to realize that there are a few really important things in this life, and that I can easily lose sight of that without a constant reminder to reel myself in when I get too many hair-brained ideas for the next good business idea, project or hobby I want to pursue.

Faith. Family. Fitness. Those are basically my three priorities in life. I have a special definition for my priorities. They aren’t merely things which come first; rather, they are those areas that infiltrate and permeate every other facet of my life, like an invisible blanket laid over everything. With these three little “f’s” I can cover the three aspects of being a human: spirit, soul (mental), and body. Faith defines my worldview, broad life purpose and personal values and beliefs. Family identifies my desire to be what my most loved ones need from me, while allowing them to give me what I need and want as well. And fitness involves taking care of the only body I have to house my spirit and soul while on this planet.

“Beaming with Balance” is my attempt at analyzing and coming up with ways to learn and grow, de-stress, laugh, maximize my happiness, and just live life the way I want to. Welcome to my journey. I’m glad to have you along!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love your 3 "F"s! I can definitely relate to that realizing and prioritizing process. And the first 2 "F"s, I'm in total agreement with you! I don't know if you have heard of Beth Moore, but if you have some time, do the "A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place" Bible study. It lines up well with what you've said right down to the spirit, soul and body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, I have heard of her and read one of her books. I actually learned of this concept in the book "The Promise and The Blessing" by Michael A. Harvin. It was a textbook in one of my classes at Liberty. It's fascinating, and so true!

    ReplyDelete

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.